Wednesday 28 July 2010

Victory

General Von Barner breathed a sigh of relief as he watched the French start to withdraw, it had been touch and go, but the late arrival of the French guns and the fortuitous explosion of a caisson had swung the balance. He had a feeling that the latter had not been a matter of luck and he would question someone later about it.

He then rode over to Colonels Meyer and Pringle. “Gentlemen, I believe we have won and saved Sonnenbad” “Colonel Pringle, your Militia fought well, they held the ground far longer than I thought possible. I see the Stockrad militia are still fairly fresh, could you order them to collect the wounded from the battlefield.” “Ah here are Majors Kummel and Von Wettin”…”Gentlemen congratulations, I’m glad to see we still have some cavalry left”

“My apologies sir, some of my Light Dragoons fled and caused a minor panic in Sonnenbad, but all is calm now” explained Major Kummel.

“Apology accepted Major, these things happen”.

“Colonel Meyer and Major Von Wettin can you establish picquets in case the French have a change of heart”

No comments: